Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
End Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
The kick off meeting 2016 of the Prevention and Preparedness selected projects was held in Brussels on January 18th, 2017. The meeting was organized by the DG ECHO with the following aims:
- To present the selected projects at the call for proposals 2016 for prevention and preparedness projects in the field of civil protection and marine pollution;
- To share information about the selected projects among project coordinators.
The Project Coordinator Prof. Enrico Marchi presented the MEFISTO project and Mr. Jose Ferreira, member of the ENB, also attended the meeting.
As highlighted in the Agenda, the kick off meeting was divided in two parts. In the first part, the Staff of the DG ECHO gave a series of presentation regarding the technical aspects of the projects and the administrative, financial and legal issues. While the second part was devoted to the projects presentation.
Before the kick off meeting, the Project Coordinator prepared and sent to the DG ECHO both a power point presentation and a short summary of the project. The former was used for both presenting the project during the meeting and web publication through the DG ECHO site
DG ECHO presentation
During the first part the following presentations were given:
- A welcome and introduction presentation by Ms. Elisabetta Bellocchi
- A presentation regarding the Technical aspects of the project by Ms. Elisabetta Bellocchi, Civil Protection Prevention & Preparedness Programme Manager. Ms. Bellocchi highlighted that EC communicates only with the coordinator (not beneficiaries/partners) and mentioned that each project will have two desk officers for the day to day contacts.
- Administrative, Financial and Legal Issues by the staff of the ECHO Financial and Legal Units.
During the second part of the kick off meeting Prof. Enrico Marchi, project coordinator of MEFISTO gave a 10 minutes presentation of the project.
|MEFISTO Marchi||587.5 KB|
|PROGRAMME Kick-off||216.35 KB|
|Kick-off Meeting report for all partners||467.09 KB|